Ms. Dominique

Ms. Dominique
Ms. Dominique

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Controlling Those Nasty, Nasty Thoughts



Spiritual Advice in the manner of Elizabeth Gilbert’s “Eat, Pray, Love
 
Ms. Dominique tweets:  Controlling Those Nasty, Nasty Thoughts

“There is a lot about my fate that I can’t control, but a lot of other stuff does fall under my control. I can decide how I spend my lunch hour, whom I ‘friend’ on Facebook, whom I share my body with, and how much money and energy he needs to spend every day on maintaining our relationship. 

"I can pick and choose what I read and eat and study. I can choose my words and the tone of voice in which I speak to others. And most of all, I can choose my thoughts. That’s why I’m wearing this aluminum-foil hat. To keep the aliens from controlling my thoughts."

No comments: