Ms. Dominique

Ms. Dominique
Ms. Dominique

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

On Lovers (quick ones)



Spiritual Advice in the manner of Elizabeth Gilbert’s “Eat, Pray, Love

“I have a history of making decisions very quickly about men. I have always fallen in love fast and without thinking about the risk, which is how I got the clap last summer. I have a tendency not only to see the best in everyone, but to assume that everyone is emotionally capable of reaching his ‘highest potential.’ 

"I have fallen in love more times than I care to count with the highest potential of a man, rather than with the man himself, and I have clung to the relationship for a long time (sometimes far too long) working it and working it and waiting for the man to ‘ascend’ to his own greatness. Pretty often my arm gets tired. Many times in romance I have been a victim of my own optimism. And rug buns.”

No comments: