Ms. Dominique

Ms. Dominique
Ms. Dominique

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Ms. Dominique says:



The two biggest things are (1st) be as gentle as you can be. Because doubt and fear and failure can lead to a real kind of self-violence, which I have experienced personally. I mean, I have scars on my knuckles from when I hit my Italian boyfriend in the face with a gourmet cheese-grater. You must treat yourself like you are your own child. And be very, very loving. Try not hitting the walls in anger at your inability to resolve your own life. Just try.

And the 3rd thing is to make sure that you have a tiny bit of time to sit in stillness and be present with yourself. That's the only way you'll hear the answer when it comes. It might even sound like a freight train. It might be closer than you think (just like it says in the rear view mirror). But you're so distracted by the chaos of your life that you won’t hear it. 

It won't be withheld from you, but you might have to listen more closely, and you might have to make some sacrifices that are painful. Like my friend said, ‘There are voices deep within me that I can't hear when I speak too much to others. They seem to like the sea.” Or like that freight train. I’m just sayin’

No comments: