Ms. Dominique

Ms. Dominique
Ms. Dominique

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Spiritual Advice in the manner of Elizabeth Gilbert’s “Eat, Pray, Love”



Ms. Dominique says:

About Love. I think sometimes you have to not look for it to find it. This usually works with my car keys. Once upon a time I had kind of given up on love,… but I still hadn't given up on finding the keys to my Porsche. So this is what I did:

On Life’s journey to find Love, I said, “I'm going to find my own life and make that wonderful, even if it means that I don't have this wonderful experience of intimacy that everybody seems to want.” And then I said, “My car keys are on the bed.” And of course, because the universe loves to be ironic, I found the intimacy that everybody wants. I found my next boyfriend sitting on the car keys, just where they were lying on my bed. No really! 

So whatever the lesson is that comes from that—if it brings you hope, let there be hope. If it doesn’t, well maybe you can still find your car keys. I’d look on the bed. They’re probably under my boyfriend’s tight little butt. Once you get your keys, please sent him home. I miss him already.

No comments: