Ms. Dominique

Ms. Dominique
Ms. Dominique

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Spiritual Advice in the manner of Elizabeth Gilbert’s “Eat, Pray, Love”



The Opening Pages

of

Eat, Pray, Fuck…

The Memoirs of Ms. Dominique

“This is my story. This will always be my story….

“So tonight I reach for my journal again. It’s next to the empty bottle of Johnny Walker Black Label. Oh, Johnny, Johnny where are you? I need you. Or Captain Morgan…. Or somebody…. This is the first time I’ve done this since I came to Italy, yesterday. What I write (in my aforesaid journal) is that I am weak and full of fear. Or full of something, which of course I can’t explain.

“Now old Dr. Doom and Mr. Despair have driven up in my driveway, and I’m scared they will never, ever leave. But I go out to the car anyway. They hand me the bag of pills; but I say that I don’t want to take the pills anymore, but I’m frightened I will have to. I am terrified that I will never really pull my life together without pills. More and more pills. I am afraid I will end up like Elvis. Squatting on a toilet, dead as a hammer. A dead hammer. Not even the musical career of M.C. Hammer could be this dead.”

No comments: