Ms. Dominique

Ms. Dominique
Ms. Dominique

Sunday, January 6, 2013

"Quote of the Day" H.L. Mencken



Ms. Dominique tweets her "Quote of the Day"


     Theology is the effort to explain the unknowable in terms of the not worth knowing              — H. L. Mencken

“This quote from the famous skeptic H.L. Mencken brings us back to the immortal words of Mr. C.S. Lewis.  That is:

                  ‘Can a mortal ask questions which God finds unanswerable?’

“I can ask lots of questions. Like why does the earth circle around the sun? and why does panty hose shift around so much? and did my last boyfriend love me as much as I loved him? 

“All these are questions that God may have answers to.  So why doesn’t he share?

"These questions are tough ones.  But are they unanswerable? Apparently, since God has not yet answered them. At least not to me! And I’m the only one cares.

“And what about all those other questions that are Unknowable? Or Unthinkable? Or Unaccountable? It’s a mystery!

“I guess keeping me in the dark is all part of God’s plan.”

No comments: