Ms. Dominique

Ms. Dominique
Ms. Dominique

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

"Quote of the Day" C.S. Lewis

Ms. Dominique tweets her "Quote of the Day"


Can a mortal ask questions which God finds unanswerable? Quite easily, I should think. All nonsense questions are unanswerable.-- C.S. Lewis, essayist and juvenile author.

"This idea is a tough one. Can you ask questions which God finds Unanswerable? I can't. He's not even returning my phone calls.  And what about questions that are Unknowable? Or Unthinkable? Or Unaccountable? Even for an accountant? Hard to say.

"And what about questions that are Unmentionable? Like my Unmentionables...  I don't know. It's like when they asked my Grandpa if he wore boxers or briefs. He said 'depends'. So even that question is, in part or in the hole, unanswerable--except maybe for God. And why would he care?

"One of my friends told me that he knows a family of Mormons who wear holy underwear.  Can't they afford to buy new underwear, without the holes?"



No comments: