Ms. Dominique

Ms. Dominique
Ms. Dominique

Monday, December 17, 2012

Spiritual Advice in the manner of Elizabeth Gilbert’s “Eat, Pray, Love”




Ms. Dominique tweets for teapots (shaped like her boyfriend) and just “Letting go”

“Letting go is a scary enterprise for those of us who believe that the world revolves only around ourselves—which is obvious where I am concerned. But maybe not for you. Because, unlike me, you have a handle, which I personally turn. And if I let go of this, even for a split-second, well – that would be the end of The Universe (or at least your universe). 

“But what if I just try dropping it…. if I sit quietly for now and cease my relentless jiggering of Reality. Watch what happens if I let go. The world does not come to an end. The airplane does not crash out of the sky in mid-flight, after all (yep, that’s what you told me when you talked me into joining the Mile High Club … remember?). 

“The potted cacti in our bedroom does not wither and die, and the Nile does not run red with blood. Or at least not my blood. Life continues to go on…. That’s why I’m so sure that my management of every moment in this whole world is so non-essential? Why don’t you let it be? Try it. Jeezus, just let it the fuck be!"

No comments: